League Forums

Main - Team News

Number1 pick

By zadhoyte
12/23/2021 9:56 am
When you draft a QB or any other player first overall you expect to be getting the best, you look for all pro, hall of fame careers to be a elite player for at least a decade.
The staff at LAN thought that William Butler would be that, he had all the traits you look for big arm, disciplined, intelligent
Unfortunately it wasn't to be, no as stated by his high intelligence and disciple rating off the field he was a consumate pro, he was just unable to be the franchise QB we were looking for, He played his last game for the team today achieving his first regular season victory and touchdown as he showcased both his arm and running ability and was able to help seal and impressive victory to end the season and his time here
We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and will not be resigning him

Re: Number1 pick

By vcr5150
12/23/2021 12:22 pm
oh my - by my weights, over the 4 years he busted -33 rating points! That is a major bust. Although, it looks like your rookie QB will be the guy for the future.

Re: Number1 pick

By zadhoyte
12/23/2021 6:27 pm
yeah he was a major disappointment, I am quite impressed with the rookie, i should have benched my starter much earlier but by the time i did i wanted the 19 year vet Zapata to start a game in his last season and for butler to play one last game on the team so with them gone, he is probably going to be the primary backup and will definitely see a lot of preseason and regular season time next year