League Forums

Main - Rivalries

Super Bowl Rematch?

By outdooreli
8/06/2019 11:13 pm
Well, I guess this constitutes a true rivalry. Two Super Bowl showdowns between Outdooreli and GrandadB in three seasons.

Will the J E T S Jets Jets Jets be able to figure out Minnesota's defense, where Denver came up short in the last matchup?
Can Minnesota avenge the 23-13 loss in week 15 to these same Jets?
Will the new sim version play a role and lead to too many interceptions for one team?
Only time will tell.
Good luck to you, sir.

In an interview, Minnesota's coach Samuel Rackley, who won the Super Bowl in his first year with the headset, said "We haven't had the prettiest offensive showings, but our philosophy is to run the ball, no matter how many times we have to punt. That's why we emphasize special teams in training camp and that's why we draft sure tacklers at all positions in our defense. We may bore you with our inside runs and third down sweeps, but as soon as you're lulled to sleep we'll hit you with the all-go and surprise, we're in the Super Bowl."

It should be noted that the Vikings' leading receiver, TE Nate McWilliams, was a WR until this season and has overcome a thin frame and poor blocking skills to emerge as a team leader. Sources say that management offered McWilliams a lucrative 4 year contract extension on the eve of the Super Bowl, as a reward for his prowess and a way to retain his services into the future. The Vikings entered the season with TE as a glaring need, but will enter the off-season with the position secure.

MLB Joseph Rivas, top tackler and former 2nd round Pick of the Vikings, who missed the playoffs six consecutive years before selecting Rivas 38th overall in the 2025 draft, was asked about the New York Jets' offensive attack on media day. "My job is to key on the running back, and they love to feed him the ball. It should be my day to shine". Asked about his second Super Bowl in three years, WLB and team Captain John Rhymer, whose contract expires at the end of the year, said "I look forward to another parade in the Twin Cities, and to announce my retirement upon our victory." Another highlight of Media day was the antics of Fellow captain CB Earnest "Automatic" Flowers, who arrived in a blimp and parachuted to midfield amongst a flurry of fireworks, told the St. Paul Dispatch "I eat corner patterns for breakfast, and I just woke up hungry from a long night of sleep."

We'll all tune into the Super Bowl tonight to see what happens!