League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: NFL History

By GrandadB - League Admin
8/11/2022 7:44 am
I just realized that I dont have any Steeler posts! and Ive got a couple of friends who are Steeler nation! So, to remedy that .......

Jack Lambert Swanns catch in SB

Mean Joe
Last edited at 8/11/2022 7:45 am

8/11/2022 7:52 am
Steelers, cont. ....

who can forget Franco Harris' "Immaculate Reception" vs the Raiders that sent the Steelers to the SB. They even have a monument to it!

Bradshaw wasnt considered one of the premier QBs in his day, but he got the job done and was a winner.

Troy Polamalu, what a great draft pick he was out of USC, and he blossomed into such a dominant DB.

Last edited at 8/11/2022 4:16 pm

By trslick
8/11/2022 1:23 pm
Pittsburg, my life long team, just about everyone I can remember is in the HOF! Will never forget
Lambert when asked what he thought about the new QB rules, make them wear dresses so I know not to hit them! When football was football.

8/11/2022 4:14 pm
This was not a sight that you wanted to see if you were on defense, Earl Campbell in the open and comin right at you at full speed.

Last edited at 1/12/2023 11:40 pm

8/11/2022 4:20 pm
Miss this guy callin a game. Greatness "Booommm!"

"When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to." ...
"If the quarterback throws the ball in the end zone and the wide receiver catches it, it's a touchdown." ...
"I think comparisons are odious." ...
“Here's a guy who can use his arms and legs at the same time.”
Last edited at 8/11/2022 4:22 pm

8/16/2022 5:10 pm
One of the all time great RBs, never complained about his team and weak OLine, and never show-boated in the end zone or showed off and/or bragged about how great he was. He was a class act and put some of the greatest highlight runs on film in NFL history. If you dont know his name, then you really dont know football.

In the last pic on the right, look at how his legs could go to that much of an angle to his torso.
Last edited at 8/17/2022 11:57 am

By trslick
8/17/2022 10:29 am
Another RB that did his job with no bling was Sweatness from the Chicago Bears! I thought he
was the best, I will leave it to Gdad if he would, place a pic up of another great!

8/17/2022 11:43 am
trslick wrote:
Another RB that did his job with no bling was Sweatness from the Chicago Bears! I thought he
was the best, I will leave it to Gdad if he would, place a pic up of another great!

AGREED!!

8/17/2022 11:51 am
Was just thinking about all the great players, especially ones that I have not posted in this thread yet. WRs? How about the one that has the award for best College WR of the season each year? For you oldtimers here, brings back some memories watchin the Raiders back when, doesnt it?

Last edited at 8/17/2022 11:58 am

By trslick
8/18/2022 11:59 am
Yes, so many memories, even the places and fields played on, so much I have forgot, sadly!